Last Updated: 5/31/2023
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains how we use any personal information that you provide to us through our StoryPRO website.
Collecting and Processing Your Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information that you choose to provide us on our StoryPRO website:
- Email address;
We may also collect personal information that you give us during your communication with us regarding our services, such as technical support threads. For your rights regarding your personal information, please see the "What are your rights as the owner of personal information" section below.
Why We Collect Personal Information
We use your data for the following purposes:
- Operating and maintaining our service;
- Notifying you about changes to our service;
- Providing customer support services;
- Gathering analytical data to improve our customer service;
- Monitoring the usage of our service;
- Detecting, preventing, and addressing technical issues;
- Data cloud storage;
- Automated messaging management;
- Newsletter delivery of communication emails;
- Payment processing;
- Conducting legal audits and complying with our legal obligations under applicable law;
- Sending targeted emails for marketing purposes with your consent;
- Communicating with you, responding to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect data in two ways:
- Data that you provide to us;
- Data that we collect through third-party services.
The third-party tools we use on our website will only insert cookies and other tracking technologies if consented by you. We track your consent once you click 'Accept' on our Privacy banner. You can manage your permissions by clicking our Privacy Button below.
Who We Share Your Data With
These Service Providers have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated by contract to use information that we share only for the purpose of providing the business functions specified below and not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. They may track your online behavior over time and across different internet websites or online services. We share or disclose your personal information with Service Providers to perform the following business functions:
- Analytics services to gather statistical information about our website visitors;
- Data cloud storage services to store your personal data;
- Communication tools services to manage communication with users;
- Messaging tools for automation email management processes;
- Newsletter services to manage email delivery to users.
What Are Your Rights as the Owner of Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access your data
- The right to update or correct your data
- The right to object to the use of your data
- The right to restrict the use of your data
- The right to transfer your data to another data controller
- The right to the erasure of your data
- The right to withdraw consent
How Can You Exercise Your Rights as the Owner of Personal Information
You may submit your requests to exercise your rights by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (888)534-7656
- Address: 2093a Philadelphia Pike #8180 Claymont, DE 19703
- Website: https://storypro.io/privacy
Do Not Track Signals
We do not track your online behavior over time and across different internet websites or online services.
Location and Transfer of Your Personal Information
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible, and we implement a variety of security measures when a user submits or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
We take appropriate technical measures to keep your personal information confidential and protected against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access. We use technical safeguards measures, including encryption and backups.
The security of your personal information also depends on the protection of your user account. Please use a unique and strong password, and keep your login credentials secret. Also, be sure to log out after having used our services from a shared computer.
Storage and Deletion of Your Personal Information
We will retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or StoryPRO is legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods. We will store your personal information for the period of providing our services to you. After that, we will erase all your personal information that we have, except when we need to keep such information for a longer period to comply with applicable law or resolve disputes. Following the deletion of your personal information from our database, the related backup data will be deleted, generally within 30 days.
Protecting Your Child's Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ('Children'). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us.
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
CAN-SPAM Act Compliance
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act, we agree to the following:
- Do not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
For more information, please see CalOPPA.
According to CalOPPA, We Agree to the Following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.